Are you looking for a battery energy storage system for you house? A quality storage battery of the solar system can be use for a long time, which not only reduces electricity bills, but also solve power outage problem. If you’re interested in the cost of a home solar battery, then follow us to figure out this question.According to the battery market, there are 3 typical batteries for home solar system: Acid-lead battery, LiFePO4 Lithium battery and Lithium-ion battery. In addition to introducing their respective prices, we will also compare their performance to help you make a choice.
Acid-lead battery solar system ($5,000 to $15,000)
Lead-acid battery (VRLA) is a kind of battery whose electrodes are mainly made of lead and its oxide and whose electrolyte is sulfuric acid solution. In the discharge state, lead dioxide is the main component of the positive electrode and lead is the main component of the negative electrode. Under charging state, the main components of both positive and negative electrodes are lead sulfate. The following are its advantages:
- Cost efficient
Lead-acid batteries are the cheapest secondary batteries, costing about one-third as much per unit of energy as lithium-ion or nickel-hydrogen batteries. In addition, the main components of lead-acid batteries are lead and lead compounds, with lead content up to 60% of the total mass of the battery. The salvage value of used batteries is high, and the recovery price is more than 30% of that of new batteries, so the comprehensive cost of lead-acid batteries is low.
- High recycling
The lead acid battery has simple composition, mature regeneration technology and high recycling value, which is the easiest battery to recycle and reuse. World production of recycled lead has surpassed that of primary lead. The reuse rate of lead in used lead-acid batteries has exceeded 98.5 percent in the United States and 90 percent in China.
LiFePO4 Lithium Battery solar system ($9,000 to $30,000)
Lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePO4 Lithium Battery) is a type of lithium ion battery that uses lithium iron phosphate as the positive material and carbon as the negative material. The rated voltage of the monomer is 3.2V and the cut-off voltage of charging is 3.6V~3.65V. The following are its advantages:
- Longer life span: Long service time provides you steady power without easily breakdown. Compared to their traditional lead-acid battery counterparts, LiFePO4 generally last 5,000 cycles at 80-percent discharge. While lead-acid batteries may only last a few hundred cycles at just 50-percent discharge.
- Safer performance:Equipped with BMS system, Lithium iron phosphate batteries do not decompose,collapse, heat up easily, or form strong oxidizing substances when it is at high temperatures or overcharges.
- Lightweight:Lifepo4 battery with the same capacity is 2/3 of the volume and 1/3 of the weight of lead-acid battery, which could be easy to carry when going outside for camping.
- Environmentally friendly: Since the electrodes are made of non-toxic materials, LiFePO4 is far less harmful to the environment than lead-acid batteries. They can also be recycled, and reused in the electrodes, wires and casing of new lithium batteries.
Lithium-ion battery solar system ($7,000 to $30,000)
Lithium-ion batteries are an advanced battery technology that utilizes lithium ions as a key component of their electrochemistry. During the discharge cycle, lithium atoms in the anode are ionized and separated from their electrons. Lithium ions travel from the anode, through the electrolyte, until they reach the cathode, where they recombine with electrons and are electrically neutralized. Lithium ions are small enough to pass through a microosmotic separator between the anode and cathode. That's partly because lithium is small. The following are its advantages:
- Large capacity: The battery has twice the capacity of the equivalent nickel-cadmium battery, making it more suitable for long-term communication. Conventional lithium-ion batteries have a voltage of 3.7V, three times that of nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- Strong charge retention ability： it is allowed a wide operating temperature range. After 30 days of open circuit storage at (20±5)℃, the discharge capacity of the battery at room temperature is greater than 85% of the rated capacity. Lithium-ion batteries have good discharge performance at both high and low temperatures, and can reach -20ˉ+60℃. The high temperature and discharge performance are better than those of other cell types.
- Long cycle life: Lithium-ion batteries use carbon anodes. In the process of charging and discharging, the dendrite lithium will not appear in the carbon anode, so as to prevent the damage of the internal dendrite lithium short circuit to the battery. After 1200 times of continuous charging and discharging, the battery capacity is still no less than 60% of the rated value, far higher than other types of batteries, with long-term economic use.
After reading the above, which one do you prefer? Huarigor will provide you a perfect energy solution. In the solar battery energy storage system industry, Kingmolenergy (Huarigor) has extensive experience in Solar storage batteries, solar inverters and solar panels and continues to innovate itself to help customers achieve their goals. It provides integrated solutions for customers to create and transform scenarios. If you have the need to customize solar energy system, please don’t hesitate to get a free quote.